Thursday, December 22, 2005

Bloggers E-Carolling

Note: My thanks to Mrs Lim for her wonderful carolling meme, without which I would not have thought this up.

The heart of Christmas is giving. Carolling is a way of giving - it sends forth a much-needed reminder that Christmas is bigger than presents, trees and a respite from work. There are, however, those that need more than a reminder of Christmas cheer. People for whom presents are a far-off dream.

I'd like to give something to these people. I'm sure you do too.

Here's the deal - send me a request to sing a carol or Christmas song, and I'll sing it and put it up for your enjoyment. If you like my rendition, all I ask is that you make a gift to a charity. You pick the charity, you pick the gift. Send me feedback and I'll put your name up beside the music link, along with the gift you made. It's that simple.

I look forward to your patronage.

FAQ for Bloggers E-Carolling

Q: How do I make a request?

A: You leave a comment, or email me at khaycelim-at-hotmail-dot-com. I will take any and all requests until 1 Jan 2006.

Q: Will you guarantee that you will fulfil every request?

A: I will do my best to fulfil your request. However, there are some songs that are completely beyond my ability to do a credible job, for example, "Santa Baby". If I cannot do a song, I'll let you know, and you can pick another song, or be very pissed off with me and never speak to me again.

Q: What if I already made a gift to charity? Do I have to make a fresh gift to request a song from you?

A: If you're already made a gift, kudos. Send me a request and I will do it, as my way of thanking you. No fresh gift required.

Q: Is this just a cheap publicity stunt to get traffic to your site?

A: Actually, it isn't. The traffic is nice, but I will be deriving no benefit from it. Any ad revenue that I get from this traffic spike will be donated to charity.

Q: Any amount? Any charity? You're kidding!

A: Different people will value what I am doing differently. Just give what you think my singing's worth. If you think I'm utter crap, don't donate. Different people will also have different ideas where their gifts should go. I don't care about where the gifts go, so long as they go somewhere needed.

Q: How do you stop people from cheating, i.e, requesting a song, then making no gift?

A: I can't. I however, believe that people who cheat charities during Christmas go to a Very Special Place, along with child molesters and people who speak loudly at the cinema. Let your conscience be your guide.

Q: Who the f*** do you think you are? Some celebrity?

A: On the contrary, I know I'm not a celebrity. I don't even have a high traffic blog. I'm just an ordinary Joe Bloe doing his bit for Christmas.

Q: How do I know you're not utter crap?

A: I've sung a few carols for Mrs Lim in her carolling meme. They are here, here and here. Sample them, and if you don't like them, don't make a request.

Q: I love your idea! Can I E-carol on my own site?

A: Absolutely! I'd love to have more people involved in this. As long as you carol for charity, I'll all behind you!

No comments: