Thursday, July 03, 2008

Home

Just touched down 2 hours ago.

The news has broken, and I think I can write about this safely now. I've been promoted to full Fellow in PHEMAS. In practical terms that means I've moved from being an intermediate student to one of the more senior students in swordsmanship in one fell swoop.

I share Kenneth's sentiment here - I can only trust that Mr Windsor was not being over-generous with the promotion. In many ways, I feel like I've reached the point where I'm only beginning to grasp the basics, only to have the door open to the wealth of learning ahead.

And boy, what wealth it is.

I feel simultaneously overwhelmed and enlightened. If wisdom is recognizing how little you know, I am feeling incredibly wise now.

More when I get some sleep.

2 comments:

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Good job! Congratulations!

I was strolling at Holt Park one afternoon some weeks back when I saw a person practising his kendo there! I was surprised.

The Disappearing Man said...

Totally with you dude.

It's like what they say about black belts in EMA. Having a black belt only means you're ready to start training. I feel like that. I'm only just beginning to be able to train on my own.

Take care mate, will miss you Sunday but hope to see you again soon at training!